By Isseu Diouf Campbell
HCCI (Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Inc.) hosted its 10th annual Let Us Break Bread Together Awards Dinner on April 19, 2012, at Prince George Ballroom in Manhattan. The organization, which celebrated 26 years of community service, provides economic development and empowerment opportunities to help Harlem residents rebuild and sustain their community.
The Rev. Calvin O. Butts of the Abyssinian Baptist Church, former Mayor David Dinkins, New York City Comptroller John C. Liu, Pamela Morrison of Kidberry, Willie Walker and Donald Notice of West Harlem Group Assistance were among the VIPs who attended the dinner.
The 2012 HCCI honorees are:
– George T. McDonald, The Doe Fund: Humanitarian Award recipient
– George Hulse, Healthfirst: Neighborhood Partner Award Recipient
– City Council Member Inez Dickens: Visionary Award Recipient
– William C. Thompson, Jr, former New York City Comptroller: Neighborhood Partner Award Recipient
– Adolfo Carrion, Jr., former federal Department of Housing and Urban Development Regional Administrator: The Rev. Canon Frederick Boyd Williams Community Service Award Recipient
– India Oglesby, The Rev. Canon Frederick Boyd Williams Scholarship Recipient
For more information, visit hcci.org.
Photos of the event