Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, to send you information upon your request, and to thank you for your support.
In general, we automatically gather certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to this site. This information may include which URL you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address. We use such data only in the aggregate. This collective data helps us determine how much our visitors use parts of the site, and do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve you. In addition, we may aggregate data and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. In these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to identify you personally.
As a matter of policy, we will not sell, share or rent information about you in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. However, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances. We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws such as those regarding intellectual property rights, fraud and other personal rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to liability.
Policy Towards Children
We are concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Although we encourage children to learn more about our organization, we encourage that this be done with parental supervision. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 “COPPA”, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 13 has otherwise provided us with personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, we will use our best efforts to remove such information from our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, he or she should contact us.
Other Information Collector
We may, from time to time, make changes to this policy, based on your comments and our need to reflect accurately our data collection and disclosure practices. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our site.
Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this site, you accept the following agreement. If you do not accept this Agreement, do not use this site. This Agreement may be updated from time to time at the sole discretion of Africainharlem.nyc.
Restrictions on Use
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, photographs, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Africainharlem.nyc or its content suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Except as otherwise indicated on this site, any person using this site is authorized to copy, print, or distribute any of its contents only as follows:
*Users may print out individual pages but cannot copy or download a large portion of the site (e.g., no bots, webcrawlers, spiders, etc. that “harvest” the site).
*Users may download, print, distribute and use pages from the site only for informational, non-commercial purposes.
*Any copies of such documents or pages must not alter the original site content and must include the Africainharlem.nyc copyright notice: “© 2011, Africainharlem.nyc. All Rights Reserved.”
*Africainharlem.nyc reserves the right to terminate the above authorization at any time in its sole discretion.
*No one may frame this site or any portion thereof. Linking to this site is permitted, provided that the link does not falsely imply or suggest that Africainharlem.nyc has endorsed or is affiliated with the linked site.
Africainharlem.nycis concerned with protecting the privacy of others and the security of data it collects and to encourage responsible, lawful use of its resources. You agree not to use this website for any prohibited purpose. The following are examples of types of uses of the website that are prohibited:
- Violations of Law. You are prohibited from using this website to commit, or in connection with, criminal or civil violations of federal, state, local, or international laws, regulations, or other governmental requirements, or to infringe the rights (including intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights) of any person. We reserve the right to report any activity that may violate any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators or other third parties, and we may do so without prior notice to you.
- Security Violations. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the website. Any such violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Examples of prohibited security violations include, but are not limited to: (a) logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use; (c) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network related to the website; (d) tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures; (e) transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the website; and (f) interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information; or interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, but not limited to, by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” any system, subsystem or network related to the website.
- Threats. You are prohibited from using this website to transmit materials of a threatening nature, including, but not limited to, threats of death or physical harm, abuse or harassment.
- Offensive or Unlawful Materials. You are prohibited from using this website for the display or distribution of offensive or unlawful materials, including, but not limited to, materials that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, or hateful, materials that violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or materials that infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademark rights) of any person.
- Spam. You are prohibited from using this website in connection with spam. Spam is not only annoying to other users; it might degrade the site by clogging the system, rendering the site inaccessible, and potentially leading to downtime of the site. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any of the following activities: (a) sending any unsolicited e-mail that could be expected, in Africainharlem.nyc’s sole discretion, to provoke complaints; (b) sending unsolicited e-mail without identifying in the e-mail a clear and easy means to be excluded from receiving additional e-mail from the originator of the e-mail; and (c) sending e-mail that does not accurately identify the sender, the sender’s return address, and the e-mail address of origin.
- Other Prohibited Conduct. You further agree that when using this site, you will not do any of the following: (a) post or upload to the site any content containing any solicitation; (b) download any content that you know, or reasonably should know, has not been lawfully posted or otherwise distributed; (c) falsify or delete any author attributions or proprietary or legal notices; (d) use another’s password without permission or impersonate another person; or (e) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether you have used the site in a prohibited way. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the site and, if we become aware that the site is being used for a prohibited purpose (or an attempt has been made to do so), we reserve the right to take any action we deem appropriate. We may not notify you before we take action against you.
Africainharlem.nyc respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material on this website infringes your copyrights, you may notify us in the way identified below. When we receive such a notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and/or, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others. If we remove or disable access to material in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the individual or entity who submitted the material so that that individual or entity may make a counter notification.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the U.S. Copyright Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Africainharlem.nyc has designated an agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement. If you have any queries or complaints regarding copyright infringement you can contact us.
To file a notice of copyright infringement with us, you must provide a written communication in which you do the following (preferably in this format):
- Give enough information to enable Africainharlem.nyc to contact you regarding your complaint, including your name, address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address.
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim is/are being infringed on this website.
- Identify in sufficient detail the material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim is/are causing such infringement, and give enough information (such as a web page address) to locate such material(s) and/or work(s) within the website.
- State that you have a good-faith belief that use of the copyrighted material(s) and/or work(s) in item (2) above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- State that the information in this notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you either own the copyright (or an exclusive right under the copyright) in the material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim in (2) above is/are being infringed, or are authorized by such owner to act on its behalf.
- Provide your physical or electronic signature.
Pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the U.S. Copyright Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the provider of content affected by an infringement notification may make a counter notification. When we receive such a counter notification, we may reinstate the material in question or cease disabling access to it. To file a counter notification with us, you must provide a written communication to the designated contact identified above, in which you do the following (preferably in this format):
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or New York County, New York, if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- Identify the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (i.e., the specific URLs or other unique identifying information).
- State under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Provide your physical or electronic signature.
If you are writing about any other issue, please include details that would assist Africainharlem.nyc in investigating and resolving any concerns you may have.
Limitations of Liability
Africainharlem.nyc and its affiliates will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to special or consequential damages, that result from the use of (or the inability to use) this site and its contents, or a site linked to this site, including any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation, computer virus, line failure, or other computer malfunction.
This site may link to or be linked from other sites that are not maintained by Africainharlem.nyc. Africainharlem.nyc does not endorse, and is not responsible for the content of any of those sites.
If you communicate or submit any remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs or other information or materials to Africainharlem.nyc through this site, you give Africainharlem.nyc permission to use such Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or anyone else. Unless Africainharlem.nyc expressly states to the contrary, Africainharlem.nyc will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential.
The material in this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Africainharlem.nyc may make changes at any time.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY Africainharlem.nyc ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Africainharlem.nyc MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Africainharlem.nyc DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION IN THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT, THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Africainharlem.nyc makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Access to this site from countries or territories where such access is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site outside the United States do so, on their own initiative, are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You agree that your use of this site, this Agreement and any disputes relating thereto shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in Manhattan, New York.