By Isseu Diouf Campbell
Several women from diverse ethnic backgrounds were honored on August 15, 2014, during the ”Champion of Change Awards” hosted by the World Women Global Council at the United Nations headquarters.
The honorees include:
* Dr. Nasif Sadik, special adviser to the UN Secretary General and highest-ranking women in the UN
* H.E. U. Joy Ogwu, first female ambassador and permanent representative of Nigeria to the UN
* Cheryl Wills, NY1 anchor and author of Die Free
* Alize Utteryn, founder and CEO of Alize Medias
* Reshma Saujani, founder of Girl’s who code
* Marie C. Wilson, founder of the White House Project
* Roxana Saberi, journalist for Al Jazeera
* Keith Novick, Chairman of the Hedge Fund Associate
* John Messer, President of Invictus US Corporation
World Women Global Council was founded in 2012 by Dilshad Dayani to empower women.