Credit photo: Drobot Dean
Harlem Commonwealth Council Inc. (HCC) in collaboration with the 125th St. Business Improvement District (BID) and The Apollo Theater, announced that applications are open for the Harlem Entrepreneurial Micro-Grant Initiative to provide support to small and independent Harlem businesses in financial need.
The fund has been created with resources from the 125th St. BID and HCC, as well as a portion of proceeds raised from the Apollo’s “Let’s Stay (In) Together: A Benefit to Support the Apollo” program. Through the initiative, the organization(s) will distribute twenty $1,000 micro-grants to local merchants that define the culture and the vitality of Harlem.
Independently owned and operated businesses in Harlem are encouraged to apply for the Harlem Entrepreneurial Micro-Grant Initiative. Applications will be open from June 3 to June 25, 2020, and recipients will be notified the week of July 6, 2020.
– Must be located and operating in Harlem for at least six months
– Must be independently owned and operated (not corporate branch/location)
Applicants will be required to respond to the following:
– A brief description of your business structure, services or products
– A list of staff and/or consultants
– A brief summary of how your operations have been impacted by COVID-19
– A statement on how you will utilize the $1,000 micro-grant funding to assist in maintaining business operations
– A copy of 2019 taxes if filed, or 2018 taxes and/or 2019 draft or accountant certified financial statements
– Your proposed budget for 2020
– Evidence of operations in Harlem for at least 6 months
– Evidence that business is independently owned and operated (not franchise or subsidiary of larger corporation)
To apply, click here.