L-R: Rosalind McLymont, TNJ Executive Editor, honoree Arva R. Rice, President & CEO, New York Urban League, and TNJ Publisher and CEO Aziz Gueye Adetimirin
By Isseu Diouf Campbell
The Network Journal held on March 22, 2012, its 14th Annual 25 Influential Black Women in Business Awards Luncheon at the New York Marriot Marquis Hotel. 25 women from various industries were honored during the event which included a cocktail reception, lunch and awards presentation with Mistress of Ceremonies Brenda Blackmon, co-anchor My9 WWOR-TV and Author of “A Mom’s Story.”
The 2012 honorees are:
– Maureen E. Archibald, Harvest of Hope Family Services Network, Inc.
– Verona Brewton, Zimmer, Inc.
– Angela Brock-Kyle, TIAA-CREF
– Julia M. Brown, Kraft Foods, Inc.
– Chrysa Chin, National Basketball Association (NBA)
– Shauna Johnson Clark, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
– Patricia A. David, JP Morgan Chase
– Charlene D. Faison, Entergy Nuclear Operations
– Wanda Felton, Export Import Bank of the United States
– Vicky L. Free, BET Networks
– Jackie Glenn, EMC2 Corporation
– Ellen McClain Haime, The New York Racing Association, Inc.
– Jeniffer Harper-Taylor, Siemens Foundation
– Darline Jean, The About Group
– Rose Stuckey Kirk, Verizon Communications
– Michele Lawrence, Wells Fargo
– Patricia A. Mitchell, Industrial Bank
– Karen Morris, Meijer, Inc.
– Lauren P. Raysor, Lauren P. Raysor Law Offices
– Arva R. Rice, New York Urban League
– Kim Seymour, American Express Co.
– Karen Johnson Shaheed, Esq., Bowie State University
– Janet A. Simmons, Global Resource Solutions, Inc.
– Denise C. Soares, Harlem Hospital Center & Renaissance Healthcare Network
– M. DeLois (Dee) Strum, MDStrum Housing Services, Inc.
Photos of the event