Photos: Yaw Asare Aboagye
Society for Africans in the Diaspora presented the Harriet Tubman’s Person of the Year Award to NYC First Lady Chirlane McCray at its 9th Annual African Diaspora Awards held at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture on December 7, 2019.
The other 2019 Society for Africans in the Diaspora honorees include:
– Sekou Kaalund, Head of Advancing Black Pathways at JP Morgan Chase
– Angelica Nwandu, founder of The Share Room
– Ezinne Kwubiri, H&M North America Head of Inclusion and Diversity
– Juliette Jones, Executive Vice Atlantic Records
– Cherae Robinson, Founder and CEO of Tastemakers Africa
– Jean Paul Laurent, Co-founder of Unspoken Smiles
– Mudunwazi Baloyi, Country Head USA Brand South Africa
– Shahd Faisal Khidir, Social media influencer
The African Diaspora Awards celebrates exemplary individuals who have made a significant difference in the African community in the United States.
For more, visit: https://saidinstitute.org/