Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (PANA) – The Pan African University (PAU), a continental academic network of higher education institutions of excellence for postgraduate studies and advanced research, is currently recruiting staff in various senior positions.
According to the African Union Commission (AUC), the positions are those of Rector, Vice Rector, Directors of Institutes, Senior Academic and Students Affairs, Senior Finance and Administration Officer and Senior Legal Officer
The AUC said, in a statement made available Thursday, that applications for the posts must be made through the Commission’s E-recruitment website: www.aucareers.com on or before 22 March, 2014.
PAU is a flagship project of the AUC, established by the Heads of State and Government of the African Union, with the mission to exemplify excellence and nurture quality in African Higher Education and Research.
This will be done through world-class programs at Masters and PhD level, organized under five thematic areas, and hosted in existing Universities in AU member states.
The five thematic institutes of the PAU are hosted as follows:
1. Western Africa: PAU Institute of Life and Earth Sciences, including Agriculture and Health at University of Ibadan in Nigeria.
2. Eastern Africa: PAU Institute of Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in Kenya.
3. Central Africa: PAU Institute of Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences at University of Yaoundé II in Cameroon.
4. Northern Africa: PAU Institute of Water and Energy Sciences (including Climate Change) at the Université Abou Bekr Belkaid Tlemcen in Algeria.
5. Southern Africa: PAU Institute of Space sciences to be hosted by a country to be identified.